defended him, while former teammate Lilian Thuram — an activ

#1 by sakura698 , Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:31 pm

SEATTLE -- Jacoby Ellsbury provided the jolt New Yorks sluggish offence needed, even if the Yankees still are struggling to score runs. Air Max 200 France . Ellsbury lined an RBI single on a 0-2 pitch to score Derek Jeter with the go ahead run in the eighth inning, and the Yankees beat the Seattle Mariners 3-2 on Tuesday night. "This type of game is the type of win that has been eluding us," Ellsbury said. "Hopefully, if we can win these types of games well be in great shape. Its always nice to go out there and throw a bunch of runs up there and make it easy on the pitching staff, but yeah, you have very good hitters, its just a matter of time before it really starts clicking." Ellsbury extended his hitting streak to 14 games -- the longest for a Yankees player since Jeters 19-game streak in 2012 -- and gave New York just its fourth win in the last 11 games. Ellsburys hit came after Jeters ground-rule double off Seattle starter Hisashi Iwakuma. Scoring the winning run capped a big night for Jeter, one that started with festivities. The Mariners honoured Jeter during a pregame ceremony in his final visit to the city where he made his major league debut in 1995. Jeter was given a seat from the old Kingdome and an engraved watch from former New York teammate Robinson Cano as part of his farewell tour gifts. Jeter then went out and had two hits and scored two runs. He also scored on Carlos Beltrans RBI double in the first. "Anytime you can start rallies those are big things," New York manager Joe Girardi said. "And you get yourself into scoring position with less than two outs, those are big things." Scoring runs has become a problem for the Yankees. They havent scored more than four runs since May 28 against St. Louis. While thats a small sample, its enough that Girardi was questioned before the game about his concern over the lack of offence. They didnt get a lot against Iwakuma (4-3), but the Yankees came through in key moments. Beltran had the first big hit with his opposite-field double to score Jeter. That was followed by Brian McCanns RBI infield single that handed starter Vidal Nuno a 2-0 lead before he took the mound. Then it was Ellsburys turn in the eighth, lining the two-strike pitch from Charlie Furbush for a single to take the lead. "I feel like my at-bats are better than April. I dont know where the numbers stand but I feel a little better up there," Ellsbury said. "But the big thing is we won tonight, not really extending a hit streak or anything like that. Nuno and the Yankees bullpen made sure what offence they received was enough. A rainout on Monday in Kansas City ruined a potential matchup between former teammates in Japan, Iwakuma and Masahiro Tanaka. Instead, Tanaka was pushed back to Wednesday. Nuno went 5 2/3 innings and was in line for the victory before Dellin Betances problems in the seventh. Nuno struck out two and allowed only Cole Gillespies RBI single to score Cano in the first. Nuno did escape trouble in the second and fourth innings when Seattle had runners in scoring position with two outs and were unable to get the runner home. Michael Saunders came inches from a three-run homer in the fourth, but his drive to the deepest point of Safeco Field was caught at the wall by Ellsbury. "He did what he had to do," Girardi said. "I thought he did pretty well. He got us to the sixth inning." Seattle pulled even at 2-2 in the seventh off Betances when Dustin Ackley singled just over the head of Brian Roberts to score Mike Zunino. "He throws so hard and is so long you just got to see it and hit it," Ackley said of facing Betances. "Luckily I was able to sneak it over the infield." But the Yankees responded immediately in the eighth and instead of blowing the lead, Betances (4-0) got credited with the victory. David Robertson pitched the ninth for his 15th save. Notes: Yankees RHP Shawn Kelley is expected to rejoin the club on Wednesday. Kelleys been out with a back strain. ... Seattle signed second-round pick OF Gareth Morgan on Tuesday. Morgan took part in batting practice with the team before the game. ... Seattle RHP Taijuan Walker (shoulder) was returned from his rehab assignment and optioned to Triple-A Tacoma. Air Max Destockage . The time off didnt slow them down. Tyler Zeller scored a season-high 18 points and grabbed a career-best 15 rebounds, Kyrie Irving added 14 points and the Cavaliers pushed their winning streak to five games Tuesday night with a 114-85 victory over the skidding Philadelphia 76ers. Nike Tn Requin Pas Cher . Griffin scored 13 of his 31 points in the final 7:05 and Dudley got 11 of his 20 points in the third quarter, leading the defending Pacific Division champions to a 112-85 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. "Dud is a shooter. http://www.airmaxpaschersite.fr/basket-air-max-720-outlet.html . The lightning strike was in the parking lot of Crew Stadium on Saturday night, but its not known if the off-duty lieutenant was struck directly, Columbus Fire Department Battalion Chief Tracy Smith said. The firefighter, identified as Lt.PARIS - Bordeaux coach Willy Sagnol has apologized for making disparaging comments about African players in football, although he still maintains they were misinterpreted against a backlash of widespread criticism.Sagnol, capped 58 times by France and a member of the team which lost the 2006 World Cup final, gave a question and answer session Tuesday to readers of Sud Ouest regional newspaper when the subject of African players was raised.The advantage of what I would call the typical African player is that he isnt expensive when you sign him, (he is) a player who is ready for combat, but football isnt just about that, Sagnol said.Explaining himself, he continued: Football is also (about) technique, intelligence. You need a bit of everything. You need Nordics too, Nordics are good.Speaking Thursday at a pre-match news conference ahead of Saturdays game with Lens, Sagnol tried to explain his comments.If by my lack of clarity, or my imperfect semantics, I may have shocked, humiliated or hurt people then I am sorry, Sagnol said. The interpretation that these people may have made does not reflect my way of thinking in any way or my humanist convictions.However, he said the comments made sense in a sporting context.When I spoke about the African (player) who is cheaper and ready for combat, I simply meant to talk about the young African player arriving in Europe with all of his will to win and often to escape from a precarious situation, Sagnol continued as he read from pre-prepared notes. Then, since we were in a debate about football, the intelligence I spoke of was obviously related to tactical intelligence. The forming of young players in Africa, probably because of a lack of financial means, or (lack) of infrastructure, isnt always as complete as whats available in Europe.Sagnol distanced himself from accusations that his viewpoint was offensive.In no way did I mean to talk about an individuals intelligence in the proper sense of the term. Air Max Tn Plus Livraison Gratuite. Regarding certain accusations of racism, Im 37 (and) Ive spent 32 of them in a football dressing room. Ive never had a problem with anyone, the former Bayern Munich player said.But Lens coach Antoine Kombouare, who was born in New Caledonia, is among those who felt offended by Sagnol.Lets make things clear: this is not a case of him being clumsy. Hes really messed up, Kombouare said. What he said is serious. Its unacceptable. Explaining that an African player is cheaper ... I felt humiliated and hurt.The International League against Racism and Anti-Semitism (LICRA) strongly condemned Sagnol, as did former Marseille president Pape Diouf, who called for African players to boycott one round of French league games in protest.French Football Federation president Noel Le Graet, who formerly employed Sagnol as coach of Frances Under-21 side, defended him, while former teammate Lilian Thuram — an active anti-racism campaigner — was more measured.I played alongside Willy, hes somebody I respect. I know him very well, Thuram told Sud Ouest. I dont think you should put Willy Sagnol on trial, but you should put prejudice on trial. Each one of us harbours some prejudice, which is why people working in football, who have a certain exposure to the media, should be educated on this subject.Sagnols captain at Bordeaux is Senegal international Lamine Sane, who called Sagnols comments clumsy before defending him, as did club president Jean-Louis Triaud.He doesnt have any twisted ideas. He believes in all the black players in the team, Sane told French radio. We believe in him and we hope to go very far with him.Bordeaux forward Henri Saivet, who is black, told RMC radio that Sagnol apologized.We all now pertinently well that the coach is not a racist, Saivet said. Its true that, at first, we asked ourselves a few questions. But he explained how it happened. He apologized to the players. That was very important. ' ' '

sakura698  
sakura698
Date registered 10.23.2019

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
, N.B. -- Canadas Rachel Homan dropped her first game of the Ford W

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor