ents as legacy venues and the organizing committee asked govern

#1 by sakura698 , Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:00 pm

MOSCOW - Rika Hongo of Japan hit every jump she aimed for to win gold at the Rostelecom Cup on Saturday while Canadas Alaine Chartrand took the bronze for her first ISU Grand Prix medal at the senior level. Nike NBA Jerseys China .Chartrand was in first place after the short program but fell two positions with a free skate where several jumps were underrotated.I felt really uptight and the skating wasnt as good as I wanted it to be, she said. Mostly the biggest errors were the landings on the jumps.The 18-year-old was still pleased with her personal-best score of 172.00.Definitely I reached a new level today to win a medal in my first season on the senior Grand Prix, Chartrand said. I didnt feel any extra pressure today because I had won the short program. Im always nervous anyway.Chartrand, from Prescott, Ont., was seventh at Skate Canada two weeks ago.Hongos free skate to music from the opera Carmen featured seven triples including an opening flip-toe loop combination. The 18-year-old is also in her first year of seniors competition.Anna Pogorilaya of Russia, who won at Skate Canada two weeks ago, took silver despite a troubled program in which her hand went to the ice on three jumps.The gold was Hongos first medal in the Grand Prix series. Her accomplished performance could raise the temptation to fancy being the next big thing in Japans long line of standout skaters, but Hongo said she isnt ready to think that way.I really havent thought about that, she said. I am trying hard to get closer to skaters like Mao Asada.Hongo had 178.00 points and Pogorilaya had 173.43 points.Pogorilaya suggested she may be experiencing the opposite of a home advantage, noting that she generally performs better abroad.I felt some kind of pressure ... I cant really fathom it, she said.In the mens competition, the wait was a little hard for Javier Fernandez as the last skater to get on the ice, but he overcame it to win his second Grand Prix gold medal.As the leader after the short program, the Spaniard had to worry about seeing strong free skate performances from Sergei Voronov and Michal Brezina and about losing the sharpness from his warmup.When I got onto the ice, (my) legs were not the same after waiting for a long time, he said.His confident opening quad toe loop gave no hint of concerns, though he stepped out of his following quad salchow and put his hand to the ice on a third quad attempt. But his exuberant skating to strains of The Barber of Seville ended with him 13 points ahead of Voronov.Brezina nailed a quad-double combination early on that helped power the Czech skater to bronze, aided by the falls and popped jumps that dropped Japans Takahiko Kozuka from third place to sixth.Jeremy Ten of Vancouver was 10th.I came here to introduce my quad jump into the program and for me that was a success, said Ten. I gained confidence that its a jump that I have the ability to land, hopefully at my next competition. I was also pleased with how I came back with a strong triple Axel today as well.In pairs, Russians swept the podium. Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov won with a dramatic and taxing free skate to Notre Dame de Paris music, followed by Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov and the duo of Kristina Astakhova and Alexei Rogonov.Americans Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier earned the second-highest free program marks, but ended just 0.01 points short of a medal.Megan Chock and Evan Bates of the United States took gold in ice dance, followed by Elena Ilinykh and Ruslan Zhinganshin of Russia and Britains Penny Coomes and Nicholas Buckland.It was the Americans second Grand Prix gold of the season and looking back on Skate America, this was a step forward, Bates said of their free dance to An American in Paris. Emotionally it felt better.———With files from The Canadian Press. Clearance NBA Jerseys . - The Oakland Athletics say they are stopping negotiations to extend their lease at the Coliseum. Cheap NBA Jerseys . -- The Guelph Storm are moving on to the Western Conference final after defeating the London Knights 5-4 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League playoff action. https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/ . The trade deadline is Monday, Mar. 2 at 3pm et/Noon pt. TRADES COMPLETED SINCE OCT. 1, 2014: Feb. 15, 2015 Toronto Maple Leafs acquire: F Olli Jokinen, F Brendan Leipsic, 1st Round Pick (2015) Nashville Predators acquire: D Cody Franson, F Mike Santorelli Feb.VANCOUVER -- More than four years after the Olympic flame went out on the West Coast, the Vancouver Organizing Committee released its final reports Thursday and turned out the lights. VANOC said the Games broke even, with total revenues and expenses just shy of $1.9 billion. The group that organized the 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympics has no more assets or outstanding debts and has asked government to dissolve the company. "It was 11 years ago yesterday we took the stage in Prague and we made promises," CEO John Furlong said in an interview. "We made commitments in the name of the country, we made commitments to the IOC and we made commitments to the Canadian public that we would deliver the Games in the black and so we set out to do that." It was a challenging journey, he said, pointing out the global economic collapse in 2008. "I think that worried us," Furlong said. With the Sochi Games in the not-so-distant past and fresh concerns about the World Cup in Brazil, Furlong said there has been much discussion about the cost of such large events and the difficulties some countries have had. "I look at our situation and think we are a very good model of how to do these events. This is, to me, very good for the Canada brand of being reliable, being trustworthy, keeping your promises, being on time and on budget, being responsible about the things that really matter to the public," he said. At the end of the day, the final financial report said the federal government contributed $74.4 million, the British Columbia government $113.4 million and other governments $176 million. The Internaational Olympic Committee kicked in $659 million in sponsorships and contributions to help cover the tab. Fake NBA Jerseys. . Ticket sales raised $269 million, while licensing and merchandising accounted for another $54 million. An independent audit by Ernst and Young confirmed the results. The final financial statement said all sites have been remediated and turned over to the province and local governments as legacy venues and the organizing committee asked government to dissolve the company after its final meeting on June 27. The final report said several claims and disputed contracts have been resolved since the event, along with an 18-month coroners review of the Whistler Sliding Centre, where a Georgian luger was killed in a training accident. Critics point out that some of the most expensive infrastructure of the Games, including the Sea to Sky Highway, the Vancouver Convention Centre and a rapid transit line to the airport were not included in the final tally. The expansion of the Vancouver Convention Centre cost $883 million, $388 million over budget. The SkyTrains Canada Line linking Vancouver to the airport cost $2.1 billion. But Furlong said all the buildings and infrastructure are currently in use and board chairman Ken Dobell said the Games left a debt-free legacy for the country. "First of all, it cost what it was supposed to cost," Dobell said. Significant capital upgrades were made that had to happen sooner or later, and the host communities now have recreation and community facilities for residents. "Was it a worthwhile endeavour? The way Vancouver did it, for sure," he said. ' ' '

sakura698  
sakura698
Date registered 10.23.2019

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
cond, when Greene wound up and fired a drive t

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor