ut Oakland is searching for a returner and Atkinson III brin

#1 by sakura698 , Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:27 pm

Eighteen-year-old Lance Stroll will race for Williams in the 2017 Formula 1 season with Valtteri Bottas confirmed as his team-mate. Green Ultra Boost 2018 . The Canadian youngster, son of a billionaire father, will become the second-youngest driver in F1 history when he debuts next March.Stroll replaces Felipe Massa, who announced at Septembers Italian GP he will retire from F1 at the end of the current campaign and is thought to have beaten off competition from Saubers Felipe Nasr to take the Brazilains seat. The teenagers impressive title-winning Formula 3 campaign, in which he won 14 races, and financial package made his Williams announcement widely anticipated but there was some doubt over who would partner the teenager. Deputy team principal Claire Williams described the line-up as a new chapter in Williams history as she presented Stroll and Bottas to the assembled media.We made this decision a long time ago and its one we are really, really excited about, she said. Stroll deserves his F1 chance F3 commentator Tom Gaymor on how Lance Stroll has impressed & shouldnt be dismissed as a pay driver Williams went on to give a glowing endorsement of her new driver, adding: He is so capable, hes extremely intelligent and he puts the work in. To achieve what he has achieved in such a short space of time, I have total confidence he will get in the car and deliver. 2017 F1 seats confirmed so far Mercedes Lewis Hamilton Nico Rosberg Ferrari Sebastian Vettel Kimi Raikkonen Red Bull Daniel Ricciardo Max Verstappen Force India Sergio Perez n/a Toro Rosso Carlos Sainz Daniil Kvyat Williams Valtteri Bottas Lance Stroll McLaren Fernando Alonso Stoffel Vandoorne Haas Romain Grosjean n/a Renault Nico Hulkenberg n/a Sauber n/a n/a Manor n/a n/a Stroll confirmed to the media that he has had six test days in a 2014 Williams so far as he prepares for the 2017 campaign. Asked about suggestions he may be labelled a pay driver owing to his familys wealth, the Canadian was defiant and insisted he has earned his F1 chance.Everyone has their own opinion, I cant change that, he said. I come from money, Im not going to deny that, but I believe Ive earned my shot in F1 because Ive won every championship that Ive competed in.Now the FIA have put in superlicence [points] for just that reason, so people cant just buy their way into F1. You actually have to prove yourself and win in the junior categories. Williams also moved to deny the decision to hand Stroll a race seat was decided by the money he could bring to the team. The Canadians father was behind the rise of the Tommy Hilfiger brand in the 1990s.Id like to make it very clear that Williams has been a team over the past few years that has made it very clear, and a statement of intent, that we would not allow financial considerations to influence over driver choice, said Williams. That has absolutely been the case this year.Money doesnt drive performance in the cockpit - you either have performance or you dont. Lance has proved he has got that talent. He has to do the job next year in Formula 1, and we will do that, to dispel those rumours. Williams deputy team principal Claire Williams says shes confident new driver Lance Stroll will be successful in the 2017 F1 season. Bottas previous deal expired at the end of 2016 and the Finn, a nine-time podium finisher during his five years with the Grove team, was reportedly offered a long-term deal by Renault.But with Nico Hulkenberg instead snatched up by the French manufacturer, Bottas has committed his future to Williams.I am very happy about it and the teams continuing trust on me and my ability. I feel we still have a lot to achieve together, we havent yet achieved what we could, said the Finn.I currently have a stat which I have the most points scored in F1 without a win, which I hate, and so it would be nice to change that. That is our target together and it would be very special to have my first win with Williams. Its like a family home, so it was a very natural decision for me to continue. New Williams driver Lance Stroll admits he may come from a wealthy background, but hes determined to prove hes good enough to drive in Formula One. Who is Lance Stroll?A Montreal-born Canadian national, Lance Stroll is the son of billionaire Lawrence Stroll.The teenager, who only turned 18 last month, won the Formula 3 series with 100 points to spare after winning 14 races. He first came to prominence by winning the Italian Formula 4 Championship and Toyota Racing Series categories. Stroll was previously part of Ferraris driver graduate scheme but left the Scuderias ranks for Williams last November when he was appointed their development driver. The Formula 1 Gossip ColumnHe was handed a one-race ban in 2015 from the FIA European F3 Championship for moving in the braking zone at Les Combes at Spa. Running three abreast, he squeezed Mikkel Jensen and Felix Rosenqvist to the outside of the circuit and the three collided and crashed out of the race. Strolls career in briefHe made his car racing debut in early 2014, driving in Ferraris Florida Winter Series before a title winning Italian F4 campaign.Stroll got more experience that winter racing in New Zealand before making the giant step up to European F3, where after a slow start, and the aforementioned ban, he took a number of late season podium finishes, including his first win in the series at the final round at Hockenheim.After that learning campaign he dominated the series in 2016, winning nearly half of the races and cliniching the title by 187 points.He combined his F3 campaign with a testing programme in a 2014 Williams at various F1 circuits around the world. Can Nico Rosberg clinch the title at Interlagos? Watch the Brazilian GP live on Sky Sports F1 on Sunday 13 November, the race begins at 4pm; Watch the whole race weekend with a NOW TV week pass - £10.99, no contract Also See: Formula 1 gossip column Get a Sky Sports weekend pass 2017 driver line-ups and schedule Brundle: Formula 1 gets angry White Ultra Boost 2018 . Louis Blues were workmanlike, methodical and -- most of all -- effective on Monday night. Cheap Ultra Boost 2018 China . Moments after his Brooklyn Nets teammates ran out onto the court to congratulate him following their 100-98 overtime win over the Phoenix Suns on Friday night, Johnson could only shake his head at scoring only 13 points on 6-of-19 shooting. http://www.cheapultraboostsale.com/ . Future Hall of Famer Ricky Ray is in his prime and back for a third season in double blue. The 34-year old was magnificent in 2013, throwing for just under 2,900 yards despite missing eight games, tossing an impressive 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions, completing 66 per cent of his passes in the process.ALAMEDA, Calif. - When George Atkinson IIIs name went uncalled through seven rounds of the NFL draft, there was no doubt where he would end up signing as an undrafted free agent. Despite offers from several teams, Atkinson ultimately signed with the team he was always destined to join, following his famous fathers footsteps to the Oakland Raiders. Now more than a quarter century after George Atkinson Jr. terrorized Lynn Swann and dozens of other NFL wide receivers as a hard-hitting safety with the Raiders, his son is trying to make the team as a backup running back and special teams contributor. "I had to turn a lot of teams down," the younger Atkinson said. "Right out of the gate, they were like, Dont go to the Raiders. I know you want to follow your heart but, weve got a spot for you here. But I know without a doubt this is the spot for me." Father and son knew this was a distinct possibility as the fifth round of the draft ended and no team had called. With two rounds remaining, they believed it might be better if the younger Atkinson wasnt drafted so he could make sure he could sign with the Raiders. While some sons might prefer to blaze their own trail in an organization with no connection to their father, the younger Atkinson had been waiting to put on a Raiders uniform ever since he was a kid. "Ive looked up to this organization and this club for a long time and there was no part of that going on with me," he said. "Ive looked up to my dad and wanted to follow in his footsteps but also lead my own trail at the same time. Youve got to find that balance and thats what Im trying to do right now." The elder Atkinson is a beloved member of the organization for his hard-hitting play that epitomized Oaklands style of play in the 1970s. He had 30 career interceptions and helped Oakland win its first Super Bowl following the 1976 season. He was most famous for his hits on Swann, which led former Steelers coacch Chuck Noll to refer to him as part of the "criminal element" in football. Grey Ultra Boost 2018. He is now a broadcaster for the team but made a point of staying away from rookie minicamp last weekend. "He doesnt need that added pressure," the elder Atkinson said. "Hes learning a new game altogether. The pro ranks are a little bit different from high school and college. He needs time to focus on getting adjusted to the NFL. I dont need to be around. Its his time. I dont want to be a distraction to him and the team." The opportunity to play with the Raiders took out much of the sting of going undrafted after skipping his senior season at Notre Dame. In three years in college, the younger Atkinson rushed for 943 yards and 10 touchdowns. He also returned two kickoffs for scores as a freshman. "Its not all about how you come in, but how you leave," he said. "How you set your mark here in the league. You still have to make a team, drafted or undrafted." Atkinson is part of a crowded group of running backs that includes free-agent acquisition Maurice Jones-Drew, returning starter Darren McFadden and last years sixth-round pick, Latavius Murray. But Oakland is searching for a returner and Atkinson III brings one attribute none of the other players competing for a roster spot have. "I think hes a talented athlete and hes got a lot of speed," coach Dennis Allen said. "He has the ability to help us on special teams also. So, I think anytime a chance to get a legacy, somebody who has the Raider blood lines, ... those guys understand what it means to be a Raider. We were pleased that we were able to bring him in here." NOTES: The Raiders signed seventh-round S Jonathan Dowling and CB T.J. Carrie to four-year contracts. ... Oakland also signed free agent DE Denico Autry and waived DT David Carter. ___ AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

sakura698  
sakura698
Date registered 10.23.2019

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
have a platform to help bring awareness for others. "Its a r

Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor